Wednesday, August 22, 2007

WANTED: Your Experiences with Rosetta Stone

Hi, everyone,
This post is a departure from the "Recommended Websites" dialogue. I am writing an article intended for the Loudoun Employee newsletter, the LENS, about how our patrons are using Rosetta Stone. I will share a few anecdotes from the PUR library, but I could use input from all the branches. Please email me at vhoover@loudoun.gov if you have any stories to share about this language program.
Thanks a lot,
Valarie Hoover, PUR

2 comments:

Zoedoodle said...

This is great, Valarie. We sometimes get comments from the website link; I'll ask Jie to copy you on them if she gets anything about Rosetta Stone.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Oona here. I have tried at CAS to install the Flash player with alot of difficulty due to the slowness of the network here. Hopefully once we get a faster network, this will not be such an issue for me at CAS! I have also used at home, and you do seem to need a faster connection than what I have/use at home for optimal useage. Sometimes it slows down unexpectedly. All in all however the languages are v. popular with the patrons and I've had numberous patrons comment on how they intended to use at home. I have not seen any to date using in house, but again, they might do so, and I wouldn't necessarily be aware of it.